- Provides a wireless device and service to help Parents/Guardians communicate with, monitor, track and locate their children. This is a data driven service.
- The device will automatically collect the physical location from the device at all times when activated. SPOTTR also receives data about the use of the device and the accompanying application. SPOTTR will use this information to provide the location-based services and to contact the parents/guardians regarding the service and other information.
- Personal information which includes your full name, mobile number, location, e-mail address and use information regarding use of Services when you register for a Spottr account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, mobile number).
- Communications between you and Spottr. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/ updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the content you and your friends see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with your mobile number and email address and this account will be used for all our Services that you use.
Circle of Trust:
The members that you have added by your own discretion in the Circle of Trust, shall only be able to view at any point in time the location of the child. Also that in case of Panic button so pressed by your child, an alert message shall reach all the members added in that Circle of trust.
The information available to the public shall include:
- Name(with which you have registered).
- Circle of Trust( Contacts added in the circle of Trust)
- Other Contact Information
[NOTE: Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We strongly recommend you to share the location of your child only with the people of trust.]
- We do not solicit any information provided by you, however if the information is required by any Central/State authority for whatsoever purpose shall be shared by us without seeking your prior permission.
The Spottr Device automatically and constantly collects information about the physical location of the Spottr Device when it is activated. This information is acquired through numerous methods, including GPS, cell towers and wi-fi, which are enhanced over time as we follow the Spottr Device, collect more information and improve our tracking. You may not disable location-based data collection from the Spottr Device. We may also collect such location-based information through your use of the Spottr App.
In the event of an emergency, the Child may press the Panic Button placed on the Spottr Device, this will generate an emergency alarm message in your Spottr device and in the Circle of Trust added by you which shall help you to discern that the Child is in an emergency situations.
We automatically collect non-personal information from your use of the SPOTTR Service, such as IP host address, device-specific identifiers, computer or smartphone configurations, pages viewed, time and usage habits on the SPOTTR Service and similar data. It is possible at times when collecting non-personal information through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receives personal information that is mixed in with the non-personal information. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If we do inadvertently collect personal information, we will not intentionally use such personal information as if we had collected it with your consent. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular State) in a manner which does not identify any one individual.
Therefore, we may use your information to:
- Respond to your inquires or requests;
- Send you information about the SPOTTR Service (such as promotions, maintenance or security information);
- Send you a limited number of offers for additional products and services that may interest you, but we will not provide your personal information to third parties for them to contact you directly for their own benefit without your consent;
- Permit our vendors and sub-contractors to perform services, provided they are under an obligation of confidentiality and do not use the information for their own benefit;
- Comply with applicable law or legal process;
- Provide to a third party for their own use, such as marketing, but only if you have specifically opted-in to such third party sharing;
- Investigate suspected fraud, harassment, danger to persons or property or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for the SPOTTR Service or our business partners;
- Develop and enhance our own data, such as through tracking the location of your SPOTTR Device, provided that any disclosure of such data does not specifically identify you, you’re SPOTTR Device or your specific location;
- Transfer information in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of SPOTTR or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated;
- Share non-personal or de-identified information with any number of parties, including analytics companies, technology providers and other business partners; or
- Combine it with data from other sources outside of your use of the SPOTTR Service, such as data obtained from wi-fi access points within range of your SPOTTR Device.
- We may reserve information collected from your Spottr Device and reserve the same with us for a period of 30 days. However, we may store the same for next 60 days.
- We may automatically delete data SPOTTR Device or from the SPOTTR App in connection with a returned or terminated account or device, or as necessary to protect against unauthorized access to the data.
The security of your information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts internally at SPOTTR to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet and wireless communications, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties, such when transferred over or through systems not within our exclusive control. Your use of our SPOTTR Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personal information.
While the SPOTTR Device is designed to be placed in the custody of your Child, our customer is the applicable parent/guardian or other adult over 18 years of age who has enabled the SPOTTR Service. By providing the SPOTTR Device to a Child, you represent and warrant to SPOTTR that you are authorized by such Child’s parent or guardian to enable and permit SPOTTR to operate the SPOTTR Service and collect and use the information from the child as stated herein.
We may retain your information for a period of 60 days. This will include retaining location-based information.
SPOTTR Data collected through use of the SPOTTR Device and/or the SPOTTR App, including location information, frequency of use and emergency contact information is generally not available to users for their own, direct access. Please contact [Specify Url] for specific questions about access to any collected data.
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party services from within our SPOTTR Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party services and such links should not be construed as an endorsement of any such third party services. When you link away from our SPOTTR Service, you do so at your own risk.
If you no longer want any data collected by SPOTTR from the SPOTTR Device, then you will need to deactivate the service.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at email@example.com