What is Spottr?
Spottr is a simple but a very powerful device that allows you to keep tabs on your child’s whereabouts. You can create ‘SafeZones’ and ‘Circles of Trust’ that allow you to receive regular updates on where your child is what he or she is up to. It also comes equipped with other key features like ‘SoS calling’ and ‘fall down’ alerts making it a a comprehensive child safety and monitoring device.
How does Spottr work?
Spottr works on GPS technology and it has a sim-card, just like any other mobile phone. Spottr talks to various satellites to triangulate its position and sends location details to the Spottr application on your phone. You can choose how frequently you want updates on Spottr’s location.
Spottr also alerts you whenever something needs your attention: such as low battery, your loved one exiting or entering a ‘SafeZone’, or when the SOS button is pressed and your loved one is in need of help.
Spottr works on Android and iOS phones as well as tablets.
Does Spottr need to be frequently charged?
Actually, no! Spottr is very battery efficient. Most other devices have batteries that last for about a day, but Spottr works for 4-5 days on a single charge EVEN at an update interval of 4 minutes. Impressive, huh?
SoS calling? How does that work?
- Spottr offers two-way calling.
- If your child is ever in danger or just anxious and wants to reach out to family members, he/she just needs to press the SoS button for 3-7 seconds.
- The device will beep and within moments, you’ll receive a call on your registered mobile number.
- If you can’t pick up, others in your ‘Circle of Trust’ will receive these calls until someone picks up.
- The Spottr device auto-picks up the call when in SoS mode.
Other Key Features of Spottr
- Very sturdy and durable
- Supports AGPS technology: which provides an approximate location when inside buildings.
- Supports unlimited ‘Safezones’
- Supports unlimited members in ‘Circle of Trust’
- Can track multiple people with the same application. If you have more than one child, you wouldnt have to worry about having two different logins.
- Share location of Spottr device with others
- View history
- Supported on Android & iOS Devices
How do I get started?
You can buy the Spottr device at www.myspottr.com. You’d be shipped a brand new Spottr device, along with a SIM card with a 100 free voice minutes.
You will then receive an email with your activation code for Spottr - which you use to activate it once you are in possession of the device.
Do I need to buy anything else to make Spottr work?
Nothing at all! Spottr comes with its own pre-configured SIM card, a rechargeable battery and a specially designed USB cable to charge your device. The rechargeable battery will lasts from 1 day to 6 days depending on its location, whether inside or outside a building, etc .
Please note that Spottr technology will not work if you put any other SIM card into the device.
Can you tell me pricing details for Spottr device?
Pricing details for Spottr device and subscription plans are available here https://www.myspottr.com/collections/frontpage.